Licensed Clinical Psychologist in California, PSY28824
I am a clinical psychologist specializing in individual and group therapy with children, adolescents, and families, with a focus on working with children and adolescents with mood and stress related disorders. Outside of my practice, I also work as a professor of psychology. I am a proud member of the Professionals Empowering Parents team and love helping families access services and support through this fabulous organization.
My dissertation examined the impact of personal meaning making, spiritual intelligence, and self-compassion on well-being. Other areas of research include resilience and post-traumatic growth, healthy relationships and identity development, and gender roles. In both my professional and personal lives, I am drawn to tools and perspectives that allow us to make meaning and growth out of challenges and painful experiences.
I am a parent of a young child and love spending time in nature, reading, and making and enjoying art and music with my family here in the Bay Area.
My Education and Training
- B.A. in Psychology, minor in Gender Studies, Dominican University of California, San Rafael, California
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, San Francisco, California
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, San Francisco, California
- APA Accredited Predoctoral Internship, Western Youth Services, Mission Viejo, California
- Postdoctoral Residency, WestCoast Children’s Clinic, Oakland, California
- Certified in Functional Family Therapy (FFT), Integrative Treatment of Complex Trauma (ITCT-A and ITCT-C)
- Trained in Narrative Therapy, Therapeutic/Collaborative Assessment, and Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Treatment (TF-CBT)